rss feed icon      snellville business spotlight      Snellville restaurants      snellville gas prices      snellville ga weather      Snellville Blog Facebook Icon      Snellville Blog Twitter icon

Monday, October 08, 2007

9 out of 10 Hemmorhoid Sufferers are against Speed Bumps

I was looking over the '2030 Comprehensive Plan' for the City of Snellville. You might want to take a look too, so just click here to check it out: LINK.

I was disappointed to see speed bumps/speed humps or something like them, planned for Skyland Drive in Snellville. I have a dislike of speed bumps. With each hit of the brakes and then the subsequent acceleration, it just causes more air pollution from the cars.

I'm sure they are effective in slowing traffic, but so are our Snellville Police officers. They do good work on Skyland. Really good work. I really watch my speed when I drive on Skyland, because I know speed is being checked.

There are a few other drawbacks to speed humps. They slow down emergency services' response - I don't know about you, but when I have my stroke, I want the EMS to not have to drive over speed bumps to get to me. Speedbumps slow any large vehicle like a fire truck, trash truck, and even school buses. Speed-humps are difficult for bicyclists and anyone disabled to get over and around. I know sidewalks are also in the works, so that would take away that last concern.

I was driving in Walton County the other day, near sites for new schools, and realized that the whole area is full of new growth...the school isn't built yet, but they already have their sidewalks installed. I'm wondering why nobody ever thought earlier on to install sidewalks from Britt Elementary all the way down Skyland back when the school was built? Well we can't go back in a time machine, I just thought that was strange that the sidewalks were never put in.

Regarding Skyland Drive, I see the large frontage of the properties, and the increasing traffic in the area, and I can see it as a road that will eventually be widened and even could turn Commercially zoned. I'm not saying I want that, I am just saying I see it in the cards, so to speak...due to Skyland being an 'extension' sort of, of Wisteria Drive, and that is Commercially zoned now, but it wasn't all Commercial just 11 years or so ago.

How do you feel about speed humps?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment on My Snellville Blog. If you liked reading this post, please consider leaving a comment or subscribing to My Snellville Blog to get future posts delivered to your feed reader or inbox.

Comments appear after being checked by me for identity and spam. Please note that comments with HTML or website links will not be published. If you want to share a link with me, please send it to me through the Contact Form. Click the following link if you are interested in Advertising In My Snellville Blog. Thanks!