rss feed icon      snellville business spotlight      Snellville restaurants      snellville gas prices      snellville ga weather      Snellville Blog Facebook Icon      Snellville Blog Twitter icon

Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Puppet Show of Quality: American Kasper Puppetry Theatre

Tonight I took my 4 year old son to the Five Forks Trickum Library Branch to see the American Kasper Theatre production of Kasper and the Chrismas Present.

If you missed it, and you probably did, don't worry - you can catch another performance Thursday, December 13th at 7 pm at the Collins Hill Library Branch in Lawrenceville.

If you don't have kids, borrow someone else's kids and make sure you go. Heck, go by yourself without a kid if you have to - you will have a great time and it's paid for by the Gwinnett Library System!

The show is appropriate for anyone over age 4. Do not take children younger than 4 - it is most suitable for children PreK/Kindergarten age and up. Younger kids will get bored and will probably be disruptive. I know I was glad I didn't bring my 2 year old!

I really literally laughed out loud though, which did me a lot of good after being sick for the last couple months. It's amazing how good that can make you feel.

You can read all about the German tradition of Kasper puppetry at professional puppeteer Franklin Bunn's website, www.AmericanKasper.com

The Kasper puppetry is different from the English Punch and Judy type of puppetry. It's like German folk tales with a moral lesson. The website will explain it all to you!

"Just go, ya little stinkies pffft!" (you'll understand that after seeing the show too)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment on My Snellville Blog. If you liked reading this post, please consider leaving a comment or subscribing to My Snellville Blog to get future posts delivered to your feed reader or inbox.

Comments appear after being checked by me for identity and spam. Please note that comments with HTML or website links will not be published. If you want to share a link with me, please send it to me through the Contact Form. Click the following link if you are interested in Advertising In My Snellville Blog. Thanks!