rss feed icon      snellville business spotlight      Snellville restaurants      snellville gas prices      snellville ga weather      Snellville Blog Facebook Icon      Snellville Blog Twitter icon

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Snellville resident to be honored

This is about me, but it's also about Snellville, so I hope if you are free on Monday night that you will come to Snellville City Hall. Especially if you've never attended a city hall meeting before, this is a great time to do it. I'd love to meet the readers of MySnellvilleBlog.com!

Snellville to mark Darla Dixon Day

SNELLVILLE — Snellville Mayor Jerry Oberholtzer will proclaim Monday as Darla Dixon Day in the city.
Dixon, who has lived in Snellville for 17 years, is an internationally renowned artist who has been creating original artwork to be auctioned for charity at the Snellville Farmers’ Market. Several paintings have been sold already, raising $350 so far for the Southeast Gwinnett Cooperative Ministry food bank.

Since 2005, Dixon has also kept the community informed about Snellville on her blog, www.MySnellvilleBlog.com. She has used her social marketing expertise to promote the city, job opportunities, local businesses and restaurants. 

The proclamation will be presented to Dixon at the Snellville City Council meeting at 7:30 p.m. Monday at Snellville City Hall.

Gwinnett Daily Post, Thursday, September 23, 2010

2 comments:

  1. Christy Brannon8:04 AM

    WOOHOOO!!! Will do my best to be there. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on this honor. I am very much enjoying your blog. I don't get the newspaper so it is one connection to the Snellville community that I count on for news and what is going on. Thanks for keeping us informed.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment on My Snellville Blog. If you liked reading this post, please consider leaving a comment or subscribing to My Snellville Blog to get future posts delivered to your feed reader or inbox.

Comments appear after being checked by me for identity and spam. Please note that comments with HTML or website links will not be published. If you want to share a link with me, please send it to me through the Contact Form. Click the following link if you are interested in Advertising In My Snellville Blog. Thanks!