rss feed icon      snellville business spotlight      Snellville restaurants      snellville gas prices      snellville ga weather      Snellville Blog Facebook Icon      Snellville Blog Twitter icon

Thursday, October 11, 2007

Reader comments on Snellville reversible lane video

Yesterday, I posted a video about End of the Reversible Lane System in Snellville that features interviews and information about the medians going in on US78.

One of our blog visitors gave me his opinion of the report.

He said the video was ridiculous, because the report makes it sound like the medians will stop traffic accidents - he said "there will still be accidents even with that median."

Other comments:

"It will be a disaster. All they need to do is look at Memorial Drive in Stone Mountain. It had nice businesses, but within a year of the median going in, the quality businesses left and were replaced by check-cashing places and raggy looking pawn shops. I used to go there to shop, but once the whole area went downhill, it wasn't worth driving there anymore"

..... "it also wasn't worth going there, because having to go a mile out of my way to get to a store I wanted was a real pain. I would have to keep U-turning to get to where I wanted and it was more trouble than it was worth to deal with that."

He also pointed out that the statement in the video that the medians would open up traffic. He said "that's Orwellian double-speak. How can it go from non restricted traffic to restricted and help traffic flow more freely?"

I am personally puzzled by the business owner featured in the video who thinks the median will help his business. I think it will only help businesses that are at the opening points of the median units.

Well it's kind of a done deal now. I hope it won't have the bad result that happened in Stone Mountain, but only time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment on My Snellville Blog. If you liked reading this post, please consider leaving a comment or subscribing to My Snellville Blog to get future posts delivered to your feed reader or inbox.

Comments appear after being checked by me for identity and spam. Please note that comments with HTML or website links will not be published. If you want to share a link with me, please send it to me through the Contact Form. Click the following link if you are interested in Advertising In My Snellville Blog. Thanks!