rss feed icon      snellville business spotlight      Snellville restaurants      snellville gas prices      snellville ga weather      Snellville Blog Facebook Icon      Snellville Blog Twitter icon

Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Snellville Drivers

As I watched the car in front of me on Highway 78 swerve once to the left and twice to the right today (not drunk, just clearly occupied with something other than driving) - I thought about the fender bender I witnessed just yesterday at 78 and Rockdale Circle.

Clearly, people aren't paying attention to what they're doing while they're driving - OR, they are paying too much attention to everything else at the expense of their driving.

We would never want to get in an airplane if we thought the pilot was chit-chatting on his cellphone, reading a newspaper, text messaging, smoking,or eating. Why, we would be outraged! That would be grounds for a lawsuit.

We simply would not stand to have our safety compromised in such a way, would we?
Yet even the same people who would join us in our outrage will drive like this themselves - and there are a heckuva lot more objects and vehicles in close range of cars.

Too many drivers are taking their driver's license for granted. It's an everyday occurrence for them, like brushing their teeth - they think they can do it half asleep. It is a responsibility that we should all take seriously.

Oh, and if you see the young woman in the white Camaro that I saw a few weeks ago heading toward Loganville - she'll be the one speeding and doing radical lane changes, be sure to be nice to her. She's not going to live very long.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment on My Snellville Blog. If you liked reading this post, please consider leaving a comment or subscribing to My Snellville Blog to get future posts delivered to your feed reader or inbox.

Comments appear after being checked by me for identity and spam. Please note that comments with HTML or website links will not be published. If you want to share a link with me, please send it to me through the Contact Form. Click the following link if you are interested in Advertising In My Snellville Blog. Thanks!