rss feed icon      snellville business spotlight      Snellville restaurants      snellville gas prices      snellville ga weather      Snellville Blog Facebook Icon      Snellville Blog Twitter icon

Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Technologically Challenged

I have minutes. No, it's not a new disease you should know about. I have cell phone minutes out the wazoo. I have a Net10 cell phone, the kind that you pre-pay 10-cents a minute. I hardly talk on the phone, it's more of an emergency phone for the car, and I will not talk on the cell phone when I'm driving, so the minutes just don't get used.

Every 3 months or so, I have to add more airtime to the phone to keep it current. I always buy the least amount I need to in order to keep the phone working.

Yet, here I am with nearly 2,000 minutes on the thing. My mom lives 250 miles away, so I've been trying to use up the time by calling her. I figure that it's long distance I've already paid for, so why not? She might even be getting sick of hearing from me, I am calling so much to get rid of those minutes because I have a new cell phone from TracFone, and I won't be renewing the Net10 model.

Same kind of deal, you pre-pay the minutes. It was time for a new phone. This one is a flip top phone, and frankly I don't fully understand how to use it yet. I called a friend yesterday with it, and then realized I had no idea how to hang up.

Sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment on My Snellville Blog. If you liked reading this post, please consider leaving a comment or subscribing to My Snellville Blog to get future posts delivered to your feed reader or inbox.

Comments appear after being checked by me for identity and spam. Please note that comments with HTML or website links will not be published. If you want to share a link with me, please send it to me through the Contact Form. Click the following link if you are interested in Advertising In My Snellville Blog. Thanks!