rss feed icon      snellville business spotlight      Snellville restaurants      snellville gas prices      snellville ga weather      Snellville Blog Facebook Icon      Snellville Blog Twitter icon

Thursday, February 07, 2008

Are you an expert on anything?

Sure you are. Everybody knows something about something, and if you aren't an expert yet, maybe after reading a lot on a subject you're interested in, you will become somewhat of an expert.

Then, take your expertise and create a Squidoo page. They're free, and I have made some money from the pages I have created. You make money by adding modules to your blog, like Ebay or Amazon links. It's really easy to add them - just add items to your page that relate with the subject of the page. Squidoo automatically adds Google Adsense ad blocks that relate to the content of your page, and rather than pocketing all that money like many sites would, Squidoo splits the income from those ads with you. When you create each page, Squidoo will ask you if you intend to make money or if you would like to donate the earnings of the page to charity.

Amazingly, a page that has been the most profitable for me is a page that just lists links to grocery store's sales flyers. <---You can see it here, and notice how I have put in links to stuff on Ebay that relates to grocery shopping. I also added in links from a free affiliate network called Commission Junction.

Keep in mind, you can also create Squidoo pages to promote your company, how to do something (this is mine on how to draw animal fur or human hair); a charitable cause, or your favorite musician. Another idea is something that is unique to you - do you have special needs in clothing styles or sizes? I have big honkin' feet and I got tired of searching for shoes in my size, so I created a page for women with large shoe sizes.

Think of your pages as a way to help someone else, and especially if you are passionate about a subject, that will make your page great. For example, I receive a lot of email from aspiring artists, asking how they can start drawing portraits as a business. So I made a series of 7 pages that deal with different facets of starting a pencil portrait drawing business .

I think you get the idea by now. I just think it's great.
Start a page now

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment on My Snellville Blog. If you liked reading this post, please consider leaving a comment or subscribing to My Snellville Blog to get future posts delivered to your feed reader or inbox.

Comments appear after being checked by me for identity and spam. Please note that comments with HTML or website links will not be published. If you want to share a link with me, please send it to me through the Contact Form. Click the following link if you are interested in Advertising In My Snellville Blog. Thanks!