rss feed icon      snellville business spotlight      Snellville restaurants      snellville gas prices      snellville ga weather      Snellville Blog Facebook Icon      Snellville Blog Twitter icon

Thursday, June 05, 2008

Other People Should Take Care of Me

I thought about this several months ago, and even mentioned to Hubs that as the gas prices increase, we would see more people running out of gas and sitting on the side of the road. It's just human nature to put off something unpleasant and costly....and I figured people would tend to let their car run on fumes before they pumped.

This news story tells how the Georgia DOT has seen a spike in the usage of the assistance gasoline that is given out when people run out of gas on the highways. They just give out a gallon or so, just enough to help the stranded motorist get to the next exit and gas station.

But of course, people try to take advantage, so the Georgia DOT worker logs the tag or license number of everyone they assist. People often ask for more than the allowed gas amount. Gimme gimme...

Who is paying the bill for it? You are, my darlings.....Link

I don't have a problem with people getting help when they need it, but to ask for more than the allotted amount and try to take advantage of the system is just plain wrong. (Dork Award)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment on My Snellville Blog. If you liked reading this post, please consider leaving a comment or subscribing to My Snellville Blog to get future posts delivered to your feed reader or inbox.

Comments appear after being checked by me for identity and spam. Please note that comments with HTML or website links will not be published. If you want to share a link with me, please send it to me through the Contact Form. Click the following link if you are interested in Advertising In My Snellville Blog. Thanks!