rss feed icon      snellville business spotlight      Snellville restaurants      snellville gas prices      snellville ga weather      Snellville Blog Facebook Icon      Snellville Blog Twitter icon

Sunday, July 13, 2008

42 Cents for a STICKER?!?!

Gwinnett Buzz Blogger is upset that we pay $27 for 20 official Snellville Trash Bags, in reference to my post yesterday titled, When You Have Too Much Trash.

"$1.35 for a trash bag!" He exclaims in shock. Well, I appreciate his concern for my finances, but
he's missing the point. It isn't $1.35 just for a trash bag. We are paying for the service and the bag.

You could look at US Postage Stamps with the same air of disgust: AHHHH! 42 cents for a sticker!!! But of course, we all know a postage stamp is not just a sticker. Our Official Snellville Trash Bags are not just trash bags.

I like that the trash bags are only paid for by those who USE them. I can have them on hand for the occasional times my household trash output is high.

I would rather pay this myself when I need the extra service, than to have everyone in Snellville taxed to pay for the overall occasional extra trash some people in Snellville have. The only problem with the program is that so many people can't understand it, and as new people move in, they all have to be educated about it.

Snellville has it's problems, but the Official Trash Bags aren't one of them.

But GwinnettBuzz Blogger has a good point, saying: "I suspect many homes’ garbage usage averages out over the course of a year."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment on My Snellville Blog. If you liked reading this post, please consider leaving a comment or subscribing to My Snellville Blog to get future posts delivered to your feed reader or inbox.

Comments appear after being checked by me for identity and spam. Please note that comments with HTML or website links will not be published. If you want to share a link with me, please send it to me through the Contact Form. Click the following link if you are interested in Advertising In My Snellville Blog. Thanks!