rss feed icon      snellville business spotlight      Snellville restaurants      snellville gas prices      snellville ga weather      Snellville Blog Facebook Icon      Snellville Blog Twitter icon

Friday, November 07, 2008

Other Cities' Mayors Get Giggles from Snellville's Crematorium Controversy

I can't believe they even made an article about this. Mayors get together and tease each other. Who woulda guessed?!? I guess I'd rather see "Snellville Mayor Butt of Jokes" instead of "Snellville Mayor Jokes About Butts." Can we just keep our mayor out of any sentence with the word "butt" in it? That would make me very happy. The surprising thing about the article is that some neighboring cities' mayors were unaware of the crematory controversy here in Snellville. That is just amazing to me. We are only 6 miles away from Loganville, and it's not too hard to keep up with the news...as you can see, I try to.

Atlanta Journal Constitution - GA, USA
By Shane Blatt The Snellville mayor has watched in frustration as a months-long crematory controversy has enveloped his city. It’s the talk of the town, ...

"
> Jerry Oberholtzer. Fellow Gwinnett mayors have been teasing the Snellville mayor over a crematory issue that just won’t die. After months of homeowner protests, the Cremation Society of the South was ordered to shut down Oct. 16. But the crematory remains on the Snellville council’s agenda because of air control and building issues. That prompted his colleagues from other cities to taunt Oberholtzer at a Gwinnett Municipal Association meeting. “Any chance we get to give Jerry a hard time, we all jump on that,” Norcross Mayor Bucky Johnson said. “He takes it in good fun.”"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment on My Snellville Blog. If you liked reading this post, please consider leaving a comment or subscribing to My Snellville Blog to get future posts delivered to your feed reader or inbox.

Comments appear after being checked by me for identity and spam. Please note that comments with HTML or website links will not be published. If you want to share a link with me, please send it to me through the Contact Form. Click the following link if you are interested in Advertising In My Snellville Blog. Thanks!