rss feed icon      snellville business spotlight      Snellville restaurants      snellville gas prices      snellville ga weather      Snellville Blog Facebook Icon      Snellville Blog Twitter icon

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

This is sure to offend somebody

In Snellville we do not have a separation of church and state. Technically we are supposed to, but if you look around, you might wonder.

An example of this is at Briscoe Park. Check out the playground equipment that features the Bible story of Noah's Ark.

I love the story of Noah's Ark - but if a religion I didn't agree with was the dominant one here, would I want to see their holy book stories on playground equipment I helped pay for with my taxes?

Not likely.

But maybe heathens who don't believe exactly the same way I do should stay away from the park. (kidding!)

And while we discuss this, the kids just think it's cute pictures of animals on their playground equipment. Makes you want to be a kid again, doesn't it?

How to Be a Christian Without Being Annoying - Large Print Edition
I still haven't read this book, that's why I'm still annoying.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment on My Snellville Blog. If you liked reading this post, please consider leaving a comment or subscribing to My Snellville Blog to get future posts delivered to your feed reader or inbox.

Comments appear after being checked by me for identity and spam. Please note that comments with HTML or website links will not be published. If you want to share a link with me, please send it to me through the Contact Form. Click the following link if you are interested in Advertising In My Snellville Blog. Thanks!