rss feed icon      snellville business spotlight      Snellville restaurants      snellville gas prices      snellville ga weather      Snellville Blog Facebook Icon      Snellville Blog Twitter icon

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Excuuuuse me?

Snellville is mentioned in this unbelievable quote from OnlineAthens:
"The most important issue in the mayoral election should be Athens' poverty rate of more than 30 percent. It's embarrassing to live in a community with such a high poverty rate, and the only way to reduce poverty is to create more jobs. However, no one wants Athens to become Snellville purely for the sake of job creation."
Ha! I think the 30% living in poverty in Athens would love for Athens to become like Snellville. Is it a terrible, terrible thing to have jobs and businesses such as chain restaurants? The horror! Sheesh.

2 comments:

  1. That guy is either a jerk, or he typed that without thinking. Snellville is evolving in a very nice manner. I am very proud of Snellville and all it has accomplished, especially lately. I'd take Snellville over Athens any day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:44 AM

    Folks in Athens are still living by that tired Michael Stipe quote from the mid-90's. So very sad...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment on My Snellville Blog. If you liked reading this post, please consider leaving a comment or subscribing to My Snellville Blog to get future posts delivered to your feed reader or inbox.

Comments appear after being checked by me for identity and spam. Please note that comments with HTML or website links will not be published. If you want to share a link with me, please send it to me through the Contact Form. Click the following link if you are interested in Advertising In My Snellville Blog. Thanks!