rss feed icon      snellville business spotlight      Snellville restaurants      snellville gas prices      snellville ga weather      Snellville Blog Facebook Icon      Snellville Blog Twitter icon

Thursday, December 29, 2005

Places I Miss in Snellville

Woody's Barbeque Restaurant on US78 closed and is now some kind of steak joint (I think it's called the Prime Rib?) that features alcohol as one of the main entrees. To get any BBQ of any quality, I now need to go to Spiced Rite BBQ on Hwy 29/Lawrenceville Hwy in Lilburn.

Chapter 11 Books in the same plaza on US78 in Snellville eased away from 10% off all their books by working in a pay-for-a-discount membership program, then it became an outlet bookstore, now it's gone altogether.

Too Crafty Gifts store was on the corner in the same plaza, next to Provino's Italian Restaurant. It featured hand-made items from local artisans (a consignment type craft store). I also sold my pencil art there. It's been gone for several years now.

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous4:33 PM

    Not many comments, so I figured I'd let you know I was here. Actually I was searching for Lenora Park because I wanted to find an application to coach my daughter's softball team and because I used Snellville in my search, your site came up. I was surprised to find a blog about Snellville. Now I've seen everything! (I live on the outskirts of Snellville, what used to be Gwinnett county Lithonia). Interesting about the bus. Unfortunately I work near the perimeter (part of the year). I wish there was a bus that headed over that way (or better yet a train).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Andy, thanks for leaving your footprint :) I'm glad the blog had some helpful information, although sorry I didn't have anything about the softball team! Maybe you can start a blog about that...aw c'mon give it a shot...smile!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:16 AM

    How many blogs can Snellville support? That would be a good question. The more the merrier, I say. Interesting that Folks closed. I didn't know that. You're like a local newspaper here, a good place to keep informed. Keep it up, that's good for any community. Unfortunately, I may be leaving Snellville soon, but maybe I'll check in from time to time to see how it's changing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol...I really just started it because my art blog wasn't really a place to talk about stuff going on in Snellville. :) I'm glad you stopped by again, it gets me posting here. www.bloggwinnett.com is a good place to find more Gwinnett blogs and such.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment on My Snellville Blog. If you liked reading this post, please consider leaving a comment or subscribing to My Snellville Blog to get future posts delivered to your feed reader or inbox.

Comments appear after being checked by me for identity and spam. Please note that comments with HTML or website links will not be published. If you want to share a link with me, please send it to me through the Contact Form. Click the following link if you are interested in Advertising In My Snellville Blog. Thanks!