rss feed icon      snellville business spotlight      Snellville restaurants      snellville gas prices      snellville ga weather      Snellville Blog Facebook Icon      Snellville Blog Twitter icon

Thursday, November 15, 2007

It's time to take the brick off the gas pedal

On North Road, there is a lighted sign up to remind drivers that the Speed Limit is 30. The sign also says to Buckle Up, It's the Law.

This sign is serving as a reminder, and you can bet there will be a crack-down on speeders on North Road in coming weeks, so watch your speed there.

Since the sign's on North Road, I wish they would add scrolling instructions for how to navigate a 4-way stop. I also think the time has come to have street lights at some of the cross roads of North Road, since people have so much trouble with 4-way stops (seems simple enough to me, but it seems to baffle a lot of folks - maybe if they put the cell phone down and paid attention it would help.)

But I often think that our air quality could be better if there weren't so many 4-way stop intersections with so much traffic. Imagine all those cars starting and stopping in 4 directions, if your house was nearby. If my house was there, I'd never open the windoww of my house - we'd all be killed by carbon monoxide poisoning!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment on My Snellville Blog. If you liked reading this post, please consider leaving a comment or subscribing to My Snellville Blog to get future posts delivered to your feed reader or inbox.

Comments appear after being checked by me for identity and spam. Please note that comments with HTML or website links will not be published. If you want to share a link with me, please send it to me through the Contact Form. Click the following link if you are interested in Advertising In My Snellville Blog. Thanks!