rss feed icon      snellville business spotlight      Snellville restaurants      snellville gas prices      snellville ga weather      Snellville Blog Facebook Icon      Snellville Blog Twitter icon

Saturday, September 19, 2009

My letter to the Gwinnett Library Board

Dear Library Board members:

Thank you for your service to Gwinnett County.

I would like to plead the case for the Snellville library branch to stay open. Because of its close proximity to T.W. Briscoe Park, the library has great potential to increase the literacy of citizens who might visit the park, but would never make a direct trip to a public library. Once inside, they might get interested in books like they never have before. The more we can get families into libraries, the better educated and literate our citizens will be, and that HAS to mean a better, safer local society.

We realize there are some other branches that people in Snellville could drive to, but there are many people near the Snellville branch would would not have access to the Centerville and Grayson branches if the Snellville branch closes.

I know that I could get Snellville citizens willing to donate their time to shelve books, and do whatever else they can do to help to keep our library open. I have blogged about the library at this link: http://mysnellvilleblog.blogspot.com/2009/09/snellville-library-branch-set-to-close.html and you can see comments from citizens regarding how the library closure will impact their lives.

Thank you so much for your consideration.

WRITE YOUR LETTER TO THE LIBRARY BOARD

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment on My Snellville Blog. If you liked reading this post, please consider leaving a comment or subscribing to My Snellville Blog to get future posts delivered to your feed reader or inbox.

Comments appear after being checked by me for identity and spam. Please note that comments with HTML or website links will not be published. If you want to share a link with me, please send it to me through the Contact Form. Click the following link if you are interested in Advertising In My Snellville Blog. Thanks!