rss feed icon      snellville business spotlight      Snellville restaurants      snellville gas prices      snellville ga weather      Snellville Blog Facebook Icon      Snellville Blog Twitter icon

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

I'm ready to be profiled - press 2 for English

The ACLU of Georgia has accused Gwinnett of using racial profiling against Hispanics.

Yes, we are profiling, if profiling means that criminals get their immigration status checked. If you ask me, the profiling should begin at the border. If 40-ish, white women with eyeglasses and big feet are found to go into Mexico illegally and commit crimes, then I expect Mexico to profile me.

Mexico is another country, not my country, and Mexico has the right to profile me. I don't go to other countries and tell them what to do or make demands as if I'm a citizen there. I don't go to another country illegally and expect them to support me and educate my children while I can send my money back to America.

But go through the steps to be here legally, I'll back you 100% and be glad to do it. I don't expect you to want to be an American citizen, I just ask that you be legal and accounted for - just like I am. If you came to America illegally and wanted to get legal, I'd help you find the right government office and I'd help you fill out the paperwork.

Civil Rights Advocates Say Gwinnett Sheriffs are Profiling Hispanics WABE
ATLANTA (WABE) - Today, the ACLU of Georgia released a report that accuses the Gwinnett Sheriff's office of racial profiling, particularly of Hispanics. ...


Time to Put an End to Racial Profiling in Georgia
Huffington Post (blog)
On Tuesday, the ACLU of Georgia released a report about racial profiling in Gwinnett County, Georgia. Called the Persistence of Racial Profiling...

My earlier post related to this topic:
Heck, it's only fair: My view on immigration (2007)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment on My Snellville Blog. If you liked reading this post, please consider leaving a comment or subscribing to My Snellville Blog to get future posts delivered to your feed reader or inbox.

Comments appear after being checked by me for identity and spam. Please note that comments with HTML or website links will not be published. If you want to share a link with me, please send it to me through the Contact Form. Click the following link if you are interested in Advertising In My Snellville Blog. Thanks!