rss feed icon      snellville business spotlight      Snellville restaurants      snellville gas prices      snellville ga weather      Snellville Blog Facebook Icon      Snellville Blog Twitter icon

Friday, April 02, 2010

Snellville considering staff cuts & tax increase

Ever notice, it doesn't matter whether it's the federal government, the state, or the city - if it's bad news, it's released on a Friday, preferably on a weekend with a holiday?

The hope is that people will be too busy doing other things, or will be out of town when the news breaks. This tactic really sucks all the fun out of any holiday for me now. Mother's Day has me trembling with fear.

Oh, speaking of fear - of course they are hinting heavily that if we don't have our taxes raised, the police force and our public safety will be compromised. I know you aren't surprised by that.

Snellville to consider major staff cuts, tax hike
Atlanta Journal Constitution
By Shane Blatt Faced with a $1.1 million budget shortfall for the second consecutive year, Snellville will begin on Monday to weigh raising taxes or ...

1 comment:

  1. The city doesn't control all media, but they DO decide when tidbits are released TO the media.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment on My Snellville Blog. If you liked reading this post, please consider leaving a comment or subscribing to My Snellville Blog to get future posts delivered to your feed reader or inbox.

Comments appear after being checked by me for identity and spam. Please note that comments with HTML or website links will not be published. If you want to share a link with me, please send it to me through the Contact Form. Click the following link if you are interested in Advertising In My Snellville Blog. Thanks!