rss feed icon      snellville business spotlight      Snellville restaurants      snellville gas prices      snellville ga weather      Snellville Blog Facebook Icon      Snellville Blog Twitter icon

Monday, July 12, 2010

Snailville Christmas Ornament

Snellville Snail Christmas Ornament, Image from AJC article

It's not April 1st, so I guess they are not pulling our legs. This article from the AJC says Snellville's Christmas Ornament for 2010 has a slug on it. That's correct, a slug.Wait, nope...if it has a shell, it's a snail, right?

I've been here about 17 yrs and have never seen this little guy on anything the city has distributed. Many feel the timing is just very bad. The city has been working on image, and now we will have a snail on an ornament.

Perhaps this will become a sought-after collector's item for those who collect weird stuff. He IS kinda cute, I must admit, and he's a snappy dresser.

Last year, the ornament was green and featured an oak tree.

NEXT...Sad news about Snellville snail>>>>

Re: There's no love for slugs logo in Snellville
Atlanta Journal Constitution

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:48 PM

    So much good seems to be going on over there. Where did this hypocracy come from. Never mind, I know. They never truly go away do they.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hypocrisy? About a snail? I'm sorry, I must be missing something. Snailcracy if anything lol

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment on My Snellville Blog. If you liked reading this post, please consider leaving a comment or subscribing to My Snellville Blog to get future posts delivered to your feed reader or inbox.

Comments appear after being checked by me for identity and spam. Please note that comments with HTML or website links will not be published. If you want to share a link with me, please send it to me through the Contact Form. Click the following link if you are interested in Advertising In My Snellville Blog. Thanks!