rss feed icon      snellville business spotlight      Snellville restaurants      snellville gas prices      snellville ga weather      Snellville Blog Facebook Icon      Snellville Blog Twitter icon

Thursday, September 16, 2010

We The People tend to be lazy (Commentary)

I received an email full of complaints about Congress. The forwarded email's solution to all America's problems, according to the email, is to vote every incumbent out. I am surprised that anyone emailing that would think that the email would circulate enough times,
and to the right people, to get everyone to team up to vote out every incumbent.

I started to email the sender back with my comments, but I realized it would be a waste of my time. If I'm going to spend some time writing, I want it to do some good. So, I decided to put my commentary here.

But first, here is a portion of the email I received:

HOW ABOUT WE ALL GET TOGETHER AND DUMP THESE CLOWNS.
All I ask is that you consider the suggestion here. The entire Congress of the United States is corrupt..And I mean both Houses and I mean both major parties. I realize that a few Members of each House are trustworthy, But, As a group they are absolutely the most corrupt bunch To ever disgrace our Nation.
In November of 2010 The entire House of Representatives will stand for re-election All 435 of them. One third of the  Senate, A total of 33 of them, will also stand for  re-election. Vote every incumbent out. And I mean every one of them. No matter their Party affiliation.

Yes, WE THE PEOPLE need to "take this country back" -- but let's be honest with ourselves - "We the people" are too lazy.

To everybody distributing this email, who has served on a city council? Who has even attended a CITY council meeting? Who has served on the PTA of their kids' school, who has served on school council? Who has volunteered at their kids' school? Who has volunteered their time at a food bank? Who has donated their time or talent to any cause? 

Maybe some of you have. But if you are someone who hasn't done even a little bit in your local community, it starts with you. It starts with all of us.

Any fool can stand in front of a voting booth and push a screen, punch a hole, or color in an oval. They often do.

Everyone should vote, but it doesn't do everything, we all have to PARTICIPATE after the vote. That's why takers take control, because nobody else will take action.  We want everything done for us, but we don't want to pay for it. We want somebody else to do everything, while we sit and complain.

Distributing an email that's really just a venting of anger doesn't do anybody any good - it just festers ineffective rage.  A more positive thing to do is to take action for good in your local community.

That's my opinion - What's yours?

PS - If you want to volunteer to help Snellville, even if you don't know what or how you can help, contact any member of the Snellville City Council, and they'll find some way you can serve! They want to hear from you.

1 comment:

  1. Amen... I can't stand complainers who won't take action... put up, or shut up.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment on My Snellville Blog. If you liked reading this post, please consider leaving a comment or subscribing to My Snellville Blog to get future posts delivered to your feed reader or inbox.

Comments appear after being checked by me for identity and spam. Please note that comments with HTML or website links will not be published. If you want to share a link with me, please send it to me through the Contact Form. Click the following link if you are interested in Advertising In My Snellville Blog. Thanks!