rss feed icon      snellville business spotlight      Snellville restaurants      snellville gas prices      snellville ga weather      Snellville Blog Facebook Icon      Snellville Blog Twitter icon

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Bomb Squad Called To Check Mortar

Photo credit: Jose Rivera/Army-Navy Store
My, my Snellville, we've had quite the morning, haven't we? Early this morning, there was a water main break that closed off US78 and residents of a trailer park were evacuated.

Later in the morning, the staff at Army Navy Outfitters in Snellville Plaza was checking the Internet to learn about a Japanese WWII-era knee mortar that someone had given to the surplus store. Concerned that it could be live ordnance, the staff called the Snellville Police.  The bomb squad was called and after an X-ray, it was determined that the military should be called in to properly dispose of it.

Please check back for updates.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment on My Snellville Blog. If you liked reading this post, please consider leaving a comment or subscribing to My Snellville Blog to get future posts delivered to your feed reader or inbox.

Comments appear after being checked by me for identity and spam. Please note that comments with HTML or website links will not be published. If you want to share a link with me, please send it to me through the Contact Form. Click the following link if you are interested in Advertising In My Snellville Blog. Thanks!