rss feed icon      snellville business spotlight      Snellville restaurants      snellville gas prices      snellville ga weather      Snellville Blog Facebook Icon      Snellville Blog Twitter icon

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Video of Snellville council member Sabbagh speaking at Marietta council meeting

I have been able to locate video of the Marietta city council meeting in which Snellville city council member Mike Sabbagh took to the podium in support of his friend. This goes along with yesterday's My Snellville Blog post in which I shared that the Marietta newspaper felt that Mr. Sabbagh issued a threat.

So now you can judge for yourself. Mr. Sabbagh can be seen and heard well in this Marietta video. When the video loads, you can glide the video to 37:20 to hear Mr. Sabbagh speak. He is also wearing his City of Snellville Council name badge.

"If this goes on, Al-Jazeera is going to hear about it." Sabbagh says in the video.

I think that he went a little overboard in defending his friend. He's passionate. It's admirable to defend your friend, but I don't care for someone using their position as a Snellville City Council member to give more weight to your words. It has also come out that although Mr. Sabbagh says in the video that he is a professor at Southern Polytechnic University, the university says it has not had any connection with Mr. Sabbagh for at least 5 years.

He should have left Snellville out of it.

But, in Mike Sabbagh's words, "Let's not rush to justice."  Hear it and see it for yourself and let me know what you think. 

Watch the video
Move the slider to the time 37:20


More election-related links:
Why hasn't the Sabbagh story gotten coverage from local media?
Marietta news article says Snellville council member issued Al-Jazeera threat

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment on My Snellville Blog. If you liked reading this post, please consider leaving a comment or subscribing to My Snellville Blog to get future posts delivered to your feed reader or inbox.

Comments appear after being checked by me for identity and spam. Please note that comments with HTML or website links will not be published. If you want to share a link with me, please send it to me through the Contact Form. Click the following link if you are interested in Advertising In My Snellville Blog. Thanks!