rss feed icon      snellville business spotlight      Snellville restaurants      snellville gas prices      snellville ga weather      Snellville Blog Facebook Icon      Snellville Blog Twitter icon

Friday, July 11, 2008

Stipple Portraits - portraits created out of dots

I have an order to draw 11 portraits all drawn in ink dots and dashes, in the style similar to the famous Wall Street Journal "Hedcut" portraits. They're called Hedcuts because newspapers use the 'hed' as an abbreviation for 'headline'.

Each one will be the size of a baseball card - 2.5" x 3.5"and because they're all in ink, there is no margin (or room on such a tiny card) for error. I have already finished one of them. I really like doing these. They are fun to do, but I have to stay really alert while drawing one. Because it's ink, if I make an error, I need to start all over from scratch.

These are kind of neat to have to nudge people into thinking you were featured in the famous newspaper, or just to have as an original work of art, or to represent you as your website avatar or in online groups. Have one done of your dog? Why not! It's a really unique gift.

If you are interested in having one done, please contact me through my website form for more information. I'd be glad to put your portrait on my 'to do' list!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment on My Snellville Blog. If you liked reading this post, please consider leaving a comment or subscribing to My Snellville Blog to get future posts delivered to your feed reader or inbox.

Comments appear after being checked by me for identity and spam. Please note that comments with HTML or website links will not be published. If you want to share a link with me, please send it to me through the Contact Form. Click the following link if you are interested in Advertising In My Snellville Blog. Thanks!