rss feed icon      snellville business spotlight      Snellville restaurants      snellville gas prices      snellville ga weather      Snellville Blog Facebook Icon      Snellville Blog Twitter icon

Thursday, November 05, 2009

Voting statistics Snellville 2009 election


I'm a statistics nut. I just find it interesting. Yeah, total nerd! I hear ya.

I got to wondering how many out of some 18,500 residents in Snellville actually vote.

Not only did I find out how many registered voters are in Snellville as of November 1, 2009 (10,797), I also found out ethnicity and gender.

  • Black female voters: 1,452
  • Black male voters: 1,021
  • White female voters: 3,907
  • White male voters 3,287
  • Asian/Pacific Islander female voters: 79
  • Asian/Pacific Islander male voters: 77
  • Hispanic/Latino female voters: 117
  • Hispanic/Latino male voters: 180
  • Native American female voters: 3
  • Native American male voters: 4
  • Other (not specified male or female or any ethnicity): 770
Data from: Georgia Secretary of State's Office

In the November 3, 2009 Snellville City Council election, about 10% of those registered to vote did vote.

Do you think that was a good turn out of voters?
Maybe it was a good turn out as far as municipal elections usually go.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment on My Snellville Blog. If you liked reading this post, please consider leaving a comment or subscribing to My Snellville Blog to get future posts delivered to your feed reader or inbox.

Comments appear after being checked by me for identity and spam. Please note that comments with HTML or website links will not be published. If you want to share a link with me, please send it to me through the Contact Form. Click the following link if you are interested in Advertising In My Snellville Blog. Thanks!