rss feed icon      snellville business spotlight      Snellville restaurants      snellville gas prices      snellville ga weather      Snellville Blog Facebook Icon      Snellville Blog Twitter icon

Tuesday, February 02, 2010

Groundhog day is a toss up

Well, it's Groundhog Day...again...

The Georgia groundhog predicted it'll be an early spring, but Punxsutawney Phil sent me a cell phone text message today that read, "Hey, just saw my shadow. I hereby do predict 6 more weeks of winter. Last one to a PA ski lodge is an opossum." ~ Phil

So General Lee and Phil disagree. Do groundhogs arm wrestle? They have those short little legs, but maybe we could set up a small shoebox for them to arm wrestle. Except it would be leg wrestling, because technically they would be using their legs.
"I'll give you a winter prediction: It's gonna be cold, it's gonna be grey, and it's gonna last you for the rest of your life." Bill Murray as Phil Conners in the movie Groundhog Day.

Related (but not as fun) links:

Reluctant Georgia groundhog predicts early spring
Atlanta Journal Constitution

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:01 PM

    I would suggest you cannot trust a Yankee groundhog so my money is on the General

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Pennsylvania groundhog might be right for the north, but General Lee is probably right for the south. I saw in the paper that Gen. Lee has hurt his nose - they think he hurt it on a rock or maybe some wire, because groundhogs are always digging. Poor lil guy!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment on My Snellville Blog. If you liked reading this post, please consider leaving a comment or subscribing to My Snellville Blog to get future posts delivered to your feed reader or inbox.

Comments appear after being checked by me for identity and spam. Please note that comments with HTML or website links will not be published. If you want to share a link with me, please send it to me through the Contact Form. Click the following link if you are interested in Advertising In My Snellville Blog. Thanks!