rss feed icon      snellville business spotlight      Snellville restaurants      snellville gas prices      snellville ga weather      Snellville Blog Facebook Icon      Snellville Blog Twitter icon

Thursday, July 08, 2010

North & Pinehurst road construction work nearly complete

I know the residents near North Road and Pinehurst will be glad when all the construction work on the intersection is done. The good news is that I was by there yesterday, and they were laying out sod to replace the torn up areas of yards near the road. I believe they still have about 2 more months to work on it and still be on schedule.

The noise of all the construction must have been hard to deal with, but residents tolerated it, knowing that the improvements would benefit their property in the long run. Statistics from 2006 and 2007 showed that about 14,000 cars went through that intersection on a daily basis. Imagine how many more must traverse there now! All those cars lined up and idling can't be good for anyone's health.  The intersection work has added some turning lanes among other features that should move traffic through the area more efficiently.  The street lights are still covered, but it looks to me that they only have to do a few more finishing touches before they are done.

Here's my post from back in January 2010 about the road improvements

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment on My Snellville Blog. If you liked reading this post, please consider leaving a comment or subscribing to My Snellville Blog to get future posts delivered to your feed reader or inbox.

Comments appear after being checked by me for identity and spam. Please note that comments with HTML or website links will not be published. If you want to share a link with me, please send it to me through the Contact Form. Click the following link if you are interested in Advertising In My Snellville Blog. Thanks!