rss feed icon      snellville business spotlight      Snellville restaurants      snellville gas prices      snellville ga weather      Snellville Blog Facebook Icon      Snellville Blog Twitter icon

Monday, July 19, 2010

Trying to get a bot to vote is harder than it sounds

I had a 'conversation' with CleverBot. It's hard to tell exactly what CleverBot is. I think it randomizes chat responses. All I know for sure is that it's a complete waste of time. That didn't stop me from trying to get it to vote tomorrow in Snellville. This is the real interaction we had.


ME: Hello.

Cleverbot: How are you?

ME Fine, and you?

Cleverbot: I'm fine thank you!

ME You're a nice little computer application.

Cleverbot: Thanks.

ME What day of the week is it?

Cleverbot: Tuesday.

ME I wish.

Cleverbot: Yes?

ME  If it was already Tuesday, then we'd have this Sunday sales issue vote finishing up.

Cleverbot: That is so true I had to stop and think about it.

ME Would you vote yes for Snellville restaurants to serve alcohol on Sundays?

Cleverbot: Yes.

ME Well, thank you for your vote. You are an intelligent and clever bot.

Cleverbot: Thanks!

ME Where do you live?

Cleverbot: In Hungary.

ME Oh, then we can't get you to vote in Snellville then.

Cleverbot: Durr, you're already married.

ME That is true, but you are so hot, clever bot.

Cleverbot: Why don't you admit that I am God?

ME I can't really go there. I don't think God would live in Hungary. I mean, I don't think He's against Hungary, I just don't think he LIVES there.

Cleverbot: HINT: You're a user talking to other users anonymously.

ME Oh I'm talking to other users anonymously? Darn, I thought I was talking to a random computer application.

Cleverbot: You are talking to a chat bot.

ME I wish you'd be more specific. Or Pacific, depending which coast you live on.

Cleverbot: That is quite profound.

ME: I am accused of that quite often, thanks.

Cleverbot: I'm sorry. Are you sad because of that?

ME: It's going to be a long, hard road, but I think I will cope and the future will get brighter...eventually.

Cleverbot: How considerate. I'd love a blanket.

ME I didn't offer one. Can you vote in Snellville or not?

Cleverbot: No dude. I'm not from the 60's either.

ME If you were, then you would vote no.

Cleverbot: So I'm really good at lying?

ME You're as good as Blogoavich (sp?).

Cleverbot: Haha.

ME: We really need your YES vote in Snellville tomorrow. Please tell your friends.

(Cleverbot's reply deleted because it was something rude)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment on My Snellville Blog. If you liked reading this post, please consider leaving a comment or subscribing to My Snellville Blog to get future posts delivered to your feed reader or inbox.

Comments appear after being checked by me for identity and spam. Please note that comments with HTML or website links will not be published. If you want to share a link with me, please send it to me through the Contact Form. Click the following link if you are interested in Advertising In My Snellville Blog. Thanks!