rss feed icon      snellville business spotlight      Snellville restaurants      snellville gas prices      snellville ga weather      Snellville Blog Facebook Icon      Snellville Blog Twitter icon

Sunday, May 22, 2011

Snellville Farmers' Market is so much more than veggies

Brenda Bean, her parrot, and a young fan enjoy the Snellville Farmers' Market

I was finally able to go to the Snellville Farmers' Market yesterday. Last week I missed the grand opening because I was getting over some kind of flu. Could I have made it that day? Probably, because physically I was feeling a lot better. However, I feel guilt if I unwittingly pass along a horrible intestinal virus. I'd have to go around the town green spraying Lysol in a 3-foot perimeter around myself, so that wasn't going to work.

So when I was able to get to the farmers' market, I enjoyed getting my favorites from last year - Belle's Bread's Honey Wheat Bread and some jelly from Southern Butterflies (Key Lime!).

I also discovered a new treat (uh oh!) called Heavenly Hookies (pronounced Who-Keys). Judy Perri makes these wonderful truffle-looking pieces of cake heaven. They are so good you would slap your momma to get one.  Another delicious treat is the Biscotti from Steve Stokes of  Beam Me Up, Biscotti. You know I couldn't leave the market without at least a couple pieces of cherry-chocolate-chip Biscotti. 

Yes, yes, I know I'm supposed to get fresh vegetables and fruits from the farmers' market, but I was in such a rush yesterday. I eyed the line at Pearson's Farm and decided I'd have to get those next time. I do love their peaches.

I was excited to see Brenda Bean of Parrot Productions with one of her parrots there. That's Brenda in the photo above. In the background of the photo is her husband and their Great Dane, Albert. Sometimes the parrot rides on the dog's back. Isn't it hard to imagine that the dog doesn't consider the bird...well,  lunch? They have a whole menagerie of furry and feathered friends and they all get along fine. Brenda's business brings the birds into your home for parties or your business for presentations. She is able to gear her presentations to meet educational or business goals.  Brenda has a blog here where she takes you on her adventures with her.

You just never know who you will see or meet at the farmers' market. It's great to see good friends there. It's so much more than vegetables!

IF YOU GO:
The Snellville Farmers' Market is held every Saturday, mid May through the end of October, from 8 a.m. to noon on the Town Green adjacent to Snellville City Hall, 2342 Oak Road. Admission is free, parking is free! Visit the Snellville Farmers' Market's web site at www.snellvillefarmersmarket.com for more information and a full list of vendors.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment on My Snellville Blog. If you liked reading this post, please consider leaving a comment or subscribing to My Snellville Blog to get future posts delivered to your feed reader or inbox.

Comments appear after being checked by me for identity and spam. Please note that comments with HTML or website links will not be published. If you want to share a link with me, please send it to me through the Contact Form. Click the following link if you are interested in Advertising In My Snellville Blog. Thanks!