rss feed icon      snellville business spotlight      Snellville restaurants      snellville gas prices      snellville ga weather      Snellville Blog Facebook Icon      Snellville Blog Twitter icon

Friday, January 13, 2006

ABWA January Meeting South Gwinnett Chapter

The speaker for the January meeting of the South Gwinnett Chapter of the American Business Women's Association was Debra Green, CPPB, CPPO - the Purchasing Director for Gwinnett County. You'd think it would be very dry, but it was very interesting.

The owner of Contours for Women, the work out place in the Wisteria Village Shopping Center, gave a 7 minute presentation. She inspired me to get in shape! As I so often do, I put my foot in my mouth when I spoke to her, I called it Curves instead of Contours...I was kind of embarrassed, but I guess it was a natural mistake.

Everyone did a short introduction, and as usual, I was unprepared and shy and blew my opportunity to toot my own horn. (ugh)

Traci Smith of WOG was there (our Pampered Chef lady!)..it was nice to see you again Traci. I got to sit between two Traci's...Traci Smith and Tracey from Rockdale Mortgage Company. We enjoyed salads and sandwiches from Jersey Mike's Subs.

The ABWA group made a motion and it was approved to donate 3 scholarships to Snellville Middle School for students who need tutoring. (three $75 scholarships).

The group also discussed a fundraiser idea. Traci suggested Pampered Chef as an on-the-side fundraiser to whatever larger fundraiser thegroup decides to do. The Tracey on the other side of me suggested a silent auction and karaoke event. Someone else suggested a wine tasting, and someone else had suggested a fashion show.

The Charter Members of the South Gwinnett Chapter were presented with Certificates and crystal necklaces as part of the Crystal Award (chapters get it for fast growth after inception). I was almost the last person, or perhaps WAS the last person to sign the Charter when I joined several months ago, so I also received the certificate and the necklace.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment on My Snellville Blog. If you liked reading this post, please consider leaving a comment or subscribing to My Snellville Blog to get future posts delivered to your feed reader or inbox.

Comments appear after being checked by me for identity and spam. Please note that comments with HTML or website links will not be published. If you want to share a link with me, please send it to me through the Contact Form. Click the following link if you are interested in Advertising In My Snellville Blog. Thanks!