rss feed icon      snellville business spotlight      Snellville restaurants      snellville gas prices      snellville ga weather      Snellville Blog Facebook Icon      Snellville Blog Twitter icon

Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Kudzu.com

There's a new (ok fairly new) website called Kudzu where you can post reviews for Atlanta businesses, or advertise your own business. Here is my Kudzu listing. I have 3 reviews so far. Kudzu is owned by Cox Communications, the same people who publish the Atlanta Journal and Constitution.

It is $50 a month if you want a paid listing with bold type, photographs, a higher ranking on their site. Or try it for free and see what happens. I get my customers from all over the world, so I don't need to specifically market to the Atlanta area, but for businesses that need to only market locally - ie hairdressers, construction, real estate agents, etc...I think the $50 would probably be a good investment.

With some knowledge as to how to use the site effectively, Kudzu can be a good source for referrals to businesses.

However, a drawback the site has is that someone could easily have their friends (or even themselves) review their company.

When you use the site, I advise you to look for reviewers who have reviewed at least 4-5 times. If a reviewer has only posted ONE review, then chances are, a company approached only their happy clients or friends and asked them to post a review for them. When I see a company with 20 great reviews, but each reviewer has only reviewed one time - and that time was for only that company, I don't consider the reviews to be entirely valid. I would be more likely to do business with a company that has 2 good reviews by reviewers who have reviewed 5 or more times. Two good reviews by such reviewers hold more weight than two dozen good reviews by one-time site visitors.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment on My Snellville Blog. If you liked reading this post, please consider leaving a comment or subscribing to My Snellville Blog to get future posts delivered to your feed reader or inbox.

Comments appear after being checked by me for identity and spam. Please note that comments with HTML or website links will not be published. If you want to share a link with me, please send it to me through the Contact Form. Click the following link if you are interested in Advertising In My Snellville Blog. Thanks!