rss feed icon      snellville business spotlight      Snellville restaurants      snellville gas prices      snellville ga weather      Snellville Blog Facebook Icon      Snellville Blog Twitter icon

Thursday, April 01, 2010

Food fight shuts down cafeteria at South Gwinnett High School

What I find interesting is that this even makes the local papers (I can see it being in my blog, because my standards are low, lol)

But hey - Teenagers have been having food fights for many years. I agree with the school's administration that it's important to stop this kind of behavior before it escalates into something worse. But if you think that this is more indication of gangs at Snellville high schools or have some racist idea of why this is happening, that's nonsense. I attended a private, parochial, 99.9% white high school. There were food fights, and that was about 30 years ago (omigosh, did I really admit that?!?) The difference is, the students would have to stay after school to clean up the mess they made.

But at South Gwinnett (as at Berkmar in February), the students will now have to eat lunch in their classrooms. A small number of students (and I use that term loosely) will inconvenience everybody else. You'd think that peer pressure would force better behavior, but for this, it probably won't. The kids that start a food fight lack the brain power to realize they are jerks. Closing the cafeteria gives them something to talk about. If they actually read and realize that their antics made the Gwinnett Daily Post and the AJC newspapers, they'll think they're now famous.

Yeah, you're famous...famous jerks. Congrats.

Fracas shuts down S. Gwinnett cafeteria
Atlanta Journal Constitution
By Patrick Fox A milk missile ignited a mealtime melee at South Gwinnett High School in Snellville Thursday, the final day before spring break. ...

School shuts down cafeteria after food fight
Gwinnettdailypost.com
SNELLVILLE — Administrators at South Gwinnett High School shut down the cafeteria and served lunch to students in their classrooms Thursday after a food ...

Related Links
Quick N Easy Recipes Blog

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:06 AM

    Maybe these kids were just competing for the Broad Prize in food fights. Maybe the school system get more points in the competition for the Best Urban School System. A real honor to be best of the worst.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol Patrick don't get me started. It's all I can do to remember that Broad rhymes with 'road.'

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS An important point I failed to mention inmy blog post is that Mr. Hunter (the principal of South Gwinnett) immediately took action to shut down the cafeteria - rather than letting a series of them develop, as happened at Berkmar.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous8:35 AM

    Perhaps these kids were watching "Animal House" and decided to do a re-enactment. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. lol! Can togas be far behind?

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was a food fight in a church that caused the inch long scar on my right wrist.
    I was trying to get AWAY from the mess when I put my hand through a pane of glass on the door.
    It's all fun and games till someone slits a wrist.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment on My Snellville Blog. If you liked reading this post, please consider leaving a comment or subscribing to My Snellville Blog to get future posts delivered to your feed reader or inbox.

Comments appear after being checked by me for identity and spam. Please note that comments with HTML or website links will not be published. If you want to share a link with me, please send it to me through the Contact Form. Click the following link if you are interested in Advertising In My Snellville Blog. Thanks!