rss feed icon      snellville business spotlight      Snellville restaurants      snellville gas prices      snellville ga weather      Snellville Blog Facebook Icon      Snellville Blog Twitter icon

Saturday, November 24, 2007

GA State Defense Force Joins Search for Justin Gaines

I have been trying to keep up with the latest news in the disappearance of a Gwinnett teenager named Justin Gaines, who has been missing since the beginning of November.
Justin graduated from Brookwood High School here in Snellville.

The latest I have heard is that the Georgia State Defense Force, a volunteer group, will be joining the searches. This is a good thing, because the numbers of searchers have been dwindling - maybe it's because of the holiday, I'm not sure - but it could be the creeping sense of dread that I have written about previously. People are all gung-ho to go on searches in the beginning, and then later I think people get so depressed about the lack of progress that they just find it hard to face it anymore. I know it makes me sad - I wish I could do more about it than just work here and there when I can on my blog to get some word out about the latest news and updates on Justin Gaines.

When I check my blog hit-counter, 90% of the hits to this blog lately have all been searching for news on Justin, so I work to continue to provide it. I do still feel though, that for the most accurate and up-to-date information, people should regularly check Justin Gaines' website at www.JustinGaines.com . Please check there for information on donating money to make sure you will be sending to the correct places. Unfortunately, there are unscrupulous people in the world, and you want to make sure your donation does go to the family as you intend it to.

The Georgia State Defense force will add 100 searchers. They are citizen-soldiers, they are not armed, but they are trained in search and rescue missions.

WSB Story
Channel 46 related news video

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment on My Snellville Blog. If you liked reading this post, please consider leaving a comment or subscribing to My Snellville Blog to get future posts delivered to your feed reader or inbox.

Comments appear after being checked by me for identity and spam. Please note that comments with HTML or website links will not be published. If you want to share a link with me, please send it to me through the Contact Form. Click the following link if you are interested in Advertising In My Snellville Blog. Thanks!