rss feed icon      snellville business spotlight      Snellville restaurants      snellville gas prices      snellville ga weather      Snellville Blog Facebook Icon      Snellville Blog Twitter icon

Monday, July 07, 2008

New House Portrait


Here's a house portrait I completed recently. The mat and frame are done in a digital art program. I did this 'mock-up' to show how it could look matted and framed. I always hate how scans or digital photos of my art look. I can never get a good clear picture of them.

This one is mixed media - it's mostly colored pencil, but the sky is scrapbooking chalk, which is basically a pastel. I love how it makes a soft sky.

The windows take a looong time to do. I also usually leave trees out of pictures if they block the house, but this one is right at the corner of the house, so I decided I should keep the tree rather than try to fake how the edges of the eaves look. I do house portraits (or portraits of business buildings and churches) in graphite pencil for about $250 each (depends a lot on the house) and colored/mixed media house portraits like this one for $400 each. For more information, click here.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous11:36 AM

    Hi Darla,

    I Google my name, and surprise, surprise....I found myself in the Snellville Art Guild. Thank you so much for posting me with my Artwanted pictures. I started reading your BLOG, it is wonderful, how do you find the time to do so much. I want to help you with the Snellville Guild, I need to know what I can do? My husband did a 503C for his Georgia Rockets AAU basketball team many years ago, and he said he is willing to help you/us with getting it started. He did say it was expensive....

    I am new at this blog thing, so I do hope you get this, and that I know when you respond......

    If all fails you can reach my at Cannie@bellsouth.net.

    Jane Pecic Dial

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment on My Snellville Blog. If you liked reading this post, please consider leaving a comment or subscribing to My Snellville Blog to get future posts delivered to your feed reader or inbox.

Comments appear after being checked by me for identity and spam. Please note that comments with HTML or website links will not be published. If you want to share a link with me, please send it to me through the Contact Form. Click the following link if you are interested in Advertising In My Snellville Blog. Thanks!