rss feed icon      snellville business spotlight      Snellville restaurants      snellville gas prices      snellville ga weather      Snellville Blog Facebook Icon      Snellville Blog Twitter icon

Friday, May 02, 2008

Snellville Days Tomorrow! Will Aunt Edna behave this year?

The Snellville Days Festival will take place from 9:00 am until 6:00 pm (I assume it's at Briscoe Park again this year)...the festival features over 200 vendors, a children's activity area with games, live entertainment on two stages, dog and disc contests (spit covered Frisbees), the Snellville Historical Society will have a display (NOT of spit covered Frisbees.) ; disability awareness, a car show, and "Much more!!!" <--please don't hold me to the "much more." If you don't see "much more," I'm sorry. I'm just going by the ad copy here. Uh let's see, what else? Oh yes, the Snellville Days Parade will begin at 10:00 am and the parade route will begin at the Wisteria Village office center to Wisteria Drive, to North Road, to Oak Road, and then to Clower Street. By the time the parade participants get all the way around that, they are going to be dizzy. Please do not get in their way.

Do not be late to the parade or as punishment, you will be forced to go into K-Mart and attempt to get customer service.

At 6:30 pm, there will be a free concert with 1970's era dance and costume contests. I find this funny, because I don't think costumes will really be needed. All the clothes now seem to be 70's style to me.

The Atlanta Rhythm Section will be here. Prizes will be awarded (looks like you need to pre-register). Nick Pallas from Grayson will sing the National Anthem. Bringing a blanket or lawn chair is advised.

Door prices will be given and concessions are going to be available. I hope Aunt Edna doesn't get drunk and take her top off again like she did last year. It's bad enough when you see a 98 year old woman waving her lighter around and yelling "Freebird!" Sheesh.

They are really close to kicking her out of the Snellville Keenagers Club, and she better watch her back. Seriously.

There's really so much going on that I think for the best information, it would be best for you to check out the official Snellville Days Festival Website at http://snellvilledays.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment on My Snellville Blog. If you liked reading this post, please consider leaving a comment or subscribing to My Snellville Blog to get future posts delivered to your feed reader or inbox.

Comments appear after being checked by me for identity and spam. Please note that comments with HTML or website links will not be published. If you want to share a link with me, please send it to me through the Contact Form. Click the following link if you are interested in Advertising In My Snellville Blog. Thanks!