rss feed icon      snellville business spotlight      Snellville restaurants      snellville gas prices      snellville ga weather      Snellville Blog Facebook Icon      Snellville Blog Twitter icon

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Bob Barr's Online Petition to Save Bill of Rights

"I recently testified at a congressional hearing about the separation of powers between the legislative, executive and judicial branches of government. Incredibly, there was a discussion about the erosion of your rights as guaranteed in the Bill of Rights. What is incredible is that we were having the dialogue in the first place.

But, I guess I shouldn't have been surprised. Over the past 50 years, and certainly since 2001, there has been a steady curtailment of the rights our founding fathers fought and died for. And all this has been happening as Congress has allowed the White House to issue uncontested executive orders and bill signing statements of all kinds slowly chipping away the bedrock that was our Bill of Rights.

I've created a short video that I hope you'll watch. Then, I hope you'll take a moment to sign a special online petition we've created. We should collect thousands of these petitions to save the Bill of Rights and deliver them to Congress - specifically the Judiciary Committee which held the hearing I mentioned a moment ago.

While the President shouldn't be so fast to suspend our rights - even during a time of war - I hold the Congress equally accountable. They've shunned their sworn duty to uphold and protect the Constitution...after all that's where the Bill of Rights is found!

When I first considered running for President, it was with the belief that I could change the way Washington does business. I had hoped that I could pressure other candidates and the Congress to respect their oath of office. This petition will help.

Please watch my short video, sign the petition and then forward this information to your family and friends.

Thank you."

Sincerely,

Bob Barr signature


Bob Barr

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment on My Snellville Blog. If you liked reading this post, please consider leaving a comment or subscribing to My Snellville Blog to get future posts delivered to your feed reader or inbox.

Comments appear after being checked by me for identity and spam. Please note that comments with HTML or website links will not be published. If you want to share a link with me, please send it to me through the Contact Form. Click the following link if you are interested in Advertising In My Snellville Blog. Thanks!