rss feed icon      snellville business spotlight      Snellville restaurants      snellville gas prices      snellville ga weather      Snellville Blog Facebook Icon      Snellville Blog Twitter icon

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Getting the Family Organized

It's back to school time and I realize I need something to keep the family on track.

I've just returned from Barnes & Noble (The Avenues at Webb Gin Shopping Center on Scenic Highway). I bought the most fantastic book, called Amy Knapp's Family Organizer. I've bought her large family calendar before and really like it. But I'm on the run more than ever, and I decided I could use a planner type thing that is purse sized.

I think this is the perfect gift for any family, but especially for moms!

I'm constantly organizationally-challenged, but I've learned over time that buying an organizer or a new calender won't "fix" my problems. The calendar or organizer is only good if I will use it. This book is going to be with me all the time. Now I'll be able to make repeat appointments at the physician's office without having to call back and wait on hold because I didn't have my calendar/schedule with me.

It has a full page spread of each monthly calendar, plus the day-by-day entry spaces.
Beside each week, there's a place for Grocery List, Menu, and To Do List. The Menu List is for Menu on one side and Grocery List on the other. It's slightly perforated, so all you need to do is bend it a couple times and tear out the list.

The organizer has stickers in the back for Birthday Reminders, Vacation, No School, Doctor Appointments, and Payment reminders.

It's so perfect for parents, because it has places for school phone numbers, emergency phone numbers, and even a small address book area in the back.

If you check it out online here, you can see that it comes in many different versions - there's a Christian edition for example. They also have editions that have nicer covers than what I bought at the bookstore.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment on My Snellville Blog. If you liked reading this post, please consider leaving a comment or subscribing to My Snellville Blog to get future posts delivered to your feed reader or inbox.

Comments appear after being checked by me for identity and spam. Please note that comments with HTML or website links will not be published. If you want to share a link with me, please send it to me through the Contact Form. Click the following link if you are interested in Advertising In My Snellville Blog. Thanks!