rss feed icon      snellville business spotlight      Snellville restaurants      snellville gas prices      snellville ga weather      Snellville Blog Facebook Icon      Snellville Blog Twitter icon

Friday, September 26, 2008

Kautz Fights Crematory with Ordinance

I'm glad it's an ordinance and not ordnance.

Councilwoman fights crematory with ordinance
Atlanta Journal Constitution - GA, USA
By SHANE BLATT It's simple: Snellville City Councilwoman Kelly Kautz wants to prevent businesses such as hospitals and crematories — one crematory in ...

...Kautz said she welcomes changes to the ordinance, which will be voted on at the Oct. 13 meeting."

The basis of the whole ordinance scares me because the person who wrote it has no experience in environmental law. She’s a trial lawyer,” Oberholtzer said.

What I understand is that she cut and pasted different ordinances together,” he added."

The article says Kautz gets about 4 calls a week from residents who smell an odor. I live nearby and I haven't smelled anything. I've smelled my neighbors barbeque-ing (no pun intended), but if the crematory was on my mind, I would imagine that smell to be cremations.

Tom Wages and Sons has an on-site crematory right off of US78 (I think it's near Hewatt Road). Has anyone complained about smells there? How long has Wages been doing the cremations at that location?

Remember, I love to hear what you have to say, but sign a name to it, pick a name, any name. Comments posted only as Anonymous will not be approved.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment on My Snellville Blog. If you liked reading this post, please consider leaving a comment or subscribing to My Snellville Blog to get future posts delivered to your feed reader or inbox.

Comments appear after being checked by me for identity and spam. Please note that comments with HTML or website links will not be published. If you want to share a link with me, please send it to me through the Contact Form. Click the following link if you are interested in Advertising In My Snellville Blog. Thanks!