rss feed icon      snellville business spotlight      Snellville restaurants      snellville gas prices      snellville ga weather      Snellville Blog Facebook Icon      Snellville Blog Twitter icon

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Update on dog

Here's an update on yesterday's post about the neighbor's freaked-out dog.

The family next door to the house with the loose territorial dog was terrorized as family and friends came to visit. I saw the dog challenging people as they arrived. All I could do was pray that the dog wouldn't bite anyone.

I knew the dog was a chicken deep down, but the "wonderful" neighbors on the other side of me had been teasing the dog after Animal Control left. Not the smartest thing, I thought, to tease a dog who's already freaked out...way to make him even more unbalanced!

Around 6:30 pm, we became aware of police activity on the street. We looked out and saw 2 police cars, then 2 police officers, one with his gun drawn and pointed at the dog! (I completely understand why they had to be ready to defend) The police were approaching the house and calling out "Is anybody home?!?" I supposed they would get to the front door, see the Animal Control note, say "Ah, it's being taken care of" and leave. They did not leave. (THANK YOU SOOO MUCH!!!) They stayed and the homeowner arrived. I don't know what happened after that, but there was peace and tranquility in the neighborhood again.

The dog did not get shot, even though Hubs was rooting for the police to shoot to kill. (Hubs is clearly a cat-person) I don't blame the dog, I blame the people. I blame the people who own more dogs than they can properly socialize, and for never walking them. Leaving too many dogs together without human contact is wrong. Neighbors who tease a frightened dog are wrong. As usual, it comes back to humans.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment on My Snellville Blog. If you liked reading this post, please consider leaving a comment or subscribing to My Snellville Blog to get future posts delivered to your feed reader or inbox.

Comments appear after being checked by me for identity and spam. Please note that comments with HTML or website links will not be published. If you want to share a link with me, please send it to me through the Contact Form. Click the following link if you are interested in Advertising In My Snellville Blog. Thanks!