rss feed icon      snellville business spotlight      Snellville restaurants      snellville gas prices      snellville ga weather      Snellville Blog Facebook Icon      Snellville Blog Twitter icon

Sunday, January 31, 2010

Let's bring Snellville Sunday liquor sales to a vote

I have no problem with it coming up for a vote. I think some folks in Snellville do want to push things ahead - I think they did mean well, but a vote should have happened - as we have heard from Judge Mark Lewis. I think the City of Snellville will appeal the judge's decision, but in the end we can just vote on it.

I'm sure taking a vote costs money and time but in this case it would have saved a lot of money and time too! I feel as if one council member knew the count was off and hinted ominously that the city could be open to lawsuits but didn't go into why she felt the city would be open to lawsuits (the miscount).

I think if a city council member knew there was a miscount of the days, the city council member has an obligation to speak up, because that person would be working in the best interests of the city AND the people that are supposed to be represented.

Anyway, mistakes I can understand, but when a mistake is seen by a council person who could have spoken up and saved taxpayers $10,000 or more but didn't, just so she could to be able to say essentially, 'See, I TOLD you so -- I was right.' is not excusable. In my opinion, she put her own personal gain ahead of the city AND ahead of Snellville citizens.

I voted for Kelly Kautz and my vote helped her get into office. I thought that getting some "young blood" in the Snellville City Council would be a positive thing. It has not been a positive thing. I realized this first when I read in the paper that Kautz urged citizens not to read about Snellville politics and elections online (Yes, there might be some things that aren't flattering, and could be even untrue, but isn't that up to the reader/voter to decide?) I think we don't need to do people's thinking for them. Why would someone want to discourage voters from increasing their knowledge?!? ("That don't sit right with me. That don't sit right with me at all.")

So basically, I can say here openly that I have decided I will not be voting for Kelly Kautz when her term is up, should she decide to run for office again.

Related links:A Facebook group of people who support Sunday sales of alcohol in Snellville restaurantsStarted and moderated by Brenda Lee.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous5:39 PM

    She has made accusations against other council members that proves what council member Witts said, that she has no respect for the City Council. She's just a little girl who thinks and acts like a bully. Fortunately, she is out numbered and out classed by the current council. She can't hide behind Jenkins and Auld anymore.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment on My Snellville Blog. If you liked reading this post, please consider leaving a comment or subscribing to My Snellville Blog to get future posts delivered to your feed reader or inbox.

Comments appear after being checked by me for identity and spam. Please note that comments with HTML or website links will not be published. If you want to share a link with me, please send it to me through the Contact Form. Click the following link if you are interested in Advertising In My Snellville Blog. Thanks!