rss feed icon      snellville business spotlight      Snellville restaurants      snellville gas prices      snellville ga weather      Snellville Blog Facebook Icon      Snellville Blog Twitter icon

Monday, February 01, 2010

2010 Snellville Days plans include Ellie Mae Clampett

If you are interested in how the plans are coming along for Snellville Days, see this pdf of the January 5, 2010 committee meeting.

All I can say is, "Ellie Mae Clampett." If that piques your curiosity, check it out here. Love Donna Douglas (the actress who played the part of Ellie Mae), love the show The Beverly Hillbillies, but is it good for Snellville's image?

No offense intended toward this dear lady, but I think we need to move away from anything redneck, and I know that sounds very negative of me to say, but there it is. I put it out there, didn't I?

Meet y'all out back by the C-ment pond. We's gonna be wrasslin'!

2 comments:

  1. Doyle McDaniel12:27 PM

    Ellie Mae is very fitting for Snellville. I'm sure she is as revelant to the city of Snellville leadership and citizens as the daughters of Noah.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doyle McDaniel12:35 PM

    I just read the minutes regarding the discussion of Ellie Mae and Snellville Days. Debbie said "she (Donna) would be recognized at the airport because she looks bascially the same." How delusional can any one be! The picture of Ellie Mae posted on this blog looks nothing like the Ellie Mae of the Hillbillies...What rerun has Debbie been watching?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment on My Snellville Blog. If you liked reading this post, please consider leaving a comment or subscribing to My Snellville Blog to get future posts delivered to your feed reader or inbox.

Comments appear after being checked by me for identity and spam. Please note that comments with HTML or website links will not be published. If you want to share a link with me, please send it to me through the Contact Form. Click the following link if you are interested in Advertising In My Snellville Blog. Thanks!