rss feed icon      snellville business spotlight      Snellville restaurants      snellville gas prices      snellville ga weather      Snellville Blog Facebook Icon      Snellville Blog Twitter icon

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Rumors of gangs at South Gwinnett High School

Here is an update on the cancellations of some after-school activities at South Gwinnett High School. When I called the school about it, I had a bit of a hint that there was suspicion of gang activity, but I think the media blows these situations out of proportion a bit.

To read these news articles, you'd think that every kid at the school is some kind of gang thug. I can tell you as a parent who has visited the school numerous times, the majority of students there are very nice and polite.

I've had students happily help me find my way around, and have even had young men open the door for me without being asked. How often do you see that from high school kids? How often do you see that from adults?!

Gang rumors nix school activities
Gwinnettdailypost.com
SNELLVILLE — Rumors of gang activity led South Gwinnett High School officials to cancel athletic practices, club meetings and after-school programs Tuesday, ...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment on My Snellville Blog. If you liked reading this post, please consider leaving a comment or subscribing to My Snellville Blog to get future posts delivered to your feed reader or inbox.

Comments appear after being checked by me for identity and spam. Please note that comments with HTML or website links will not be published. If you want to share a link with me, please send it to me through the Contact Form. Click the following link if you are interested in Advertising In My Snellville Blog. Thanks!