rss feed icon      snellville business spotlight      Snellville restaurants      snellville gas prices      snellville ga weather      Snellville Blog Facebook Icon      Snellville Blog Twitter icon

Tuesday, March 02, 2010

Snow happens

Why did we get our teenagers cell phones? Oh yeah, so they could keep in touch. Maybe we should have given that more thought.

By now, you know it snowed today. As I write this, it is snowing. All kids desperately want Gwinnett County Schools to close.

The following is a text message conversation between myself and my teenage daughter. Although I have always respected Erma Bombeck, now that I have 4 children, I realize that she really didn't have to come up with ideas so much as just write down what happened.
Omg i can get checked out?

Some schools early releasing today. Gwinnett not. You don't have 2 stay after school 2day though.

I think they're going to cancel it anyways. Its supposed to get worse later...around 5-ish.

Stay the course. There is weather all over the world.

-.- so....U want me to stand out in the snow waiting for u to come get me

School is still in session.

We're not even doing anything

I'm trying to.

Trying to what?

Trying to work.

What does that have to do w anything? lol

(No reply sent by myself - equivalent of blank stare)

Mama!

1 comment:

  1. Hello Darla,
    Girl this sounds like my teenage daughter some times.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment on My Snellville Blog. If you liked reading this post, please consider leaving a comment or subscribing to My Snellville Blog to get future posts delivered to your feed reader or inbox.

Comments appear after being checked by me for identity and spam. Please note that comments with HTML or website links will not be published. If you want to share a link with me, please send it to me through the Contact Form. Click the following link if you are interested in Advertising In My Snellville Blog. Thanks!