rss feed icon      snellville business spotlight      Snellville restaurants      snellville gas prices      snellville ga weather      Snellville Blog Facebook Icon      Snellville Blog Twitter icon

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Tornadoes in Georgia bypass Snellville

We had some serious storms last night that spawned 150 tornadoes across the southern United States. Reports now are that about 178 people have died and that number is expected to increase. In Georgia, 13 people died as a result of the storms.

Our family is fine but sleepy this morning. I watched the weather coverage on TV until I decided there was a potential for a tornado within 10-15 minutes. The kids were all in bed, and it did take some significant effort to get them all up and into the bathroom (horrible I know, but it's the best room for us to be safe during a tornado).

If I was alone, I would just need a radio and a flashlight, perhaps even a blanket & I'd be able to get into the bathroom pretty quickly. But of course, with 4 children, I needed to have an emergency kit... [read more]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment on My Snellville Blog. If you liked reading this post, please consider leaving a comment or subscribing to My Snellville Blog to get future posts delivered to your feed reader or inbox.

Comments appear after being checked by me for identity and spam. Please note that comments with HTML or website links will not be published. If you want to share a link with me, please send it to me through the Contact Form. Click the following link if you are interested in Advertising In My Snellville Blog. Thanks!