rss feed icon      snellville business spotlight      Snellville restaurants      snellville gas prices      snellville ga weather      Snellville Blog Facebook Icon      Snellville Blog Twitter icon

Saturday, July 05, 2008

Snellville's 4th of July

IMPORTANT!!!! This post is from 2009. Be sure to go to the beginning of this blog for the most current posts.
===================================

I hope you had a nice 4th of July. We had hot dogs, Bush's Grillin Beans, Doritos, Coke, and watermelon at home. We watched the fireworks from one of the South Gwinnett High School parking lots. The weather was perfect. As I get older, I find I am really appreciating good weather - low humidity and a gentle breeze!

My 4 year old son was very reserved through the whole thing. I thought he would be more excited about the fireworks, because we weren't able to see any last year. I guess it takes a lot to impress kids these days (?)...my 2-1/2 year old son started out watching the fireworks, but suddenly shrieked in fear by the time the 8th firework went up, and he leaped into my lap, hugged me tight, and closed his eyes. He thinks if he closes his eyes, scary stuff goes away. I covered his ears.

I've found some nice things for us to enjoy today about yesterday's 4th of July events:

A great blog post about appreciating being an American.

If you didn't get to go, here's GadgetGeek's photos of the car show.

Local real estate agent Jamie Parker has some nice photos of the Snellville event here. He says that one of the volunteers told him they had cooked over 8,000 hamburgers by 7:30 pm.

It was a huge turnout! I told Hubs that I hope this blog had a little something to do with that, and he chuckled. How DARE he scoff at my Snellville Blog Empire?!? So I just looked it up.

This post brought 740 hits, and this post brought 262 hits, meaning that 1,002 found this blog as a source of information for their Independence Day fun. I'm happy with 1,002.

When I showed Hubs the figures, he had the nerve to ask,
"...and how much money did that make you?"
I...eh...er....um...nothing.
Anybody want to tip me?

I would love it if the 1,002 people would return here and just post a comment about what they thought about the events!

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:17 PM

    The article I posted was tongue-in-cheek. I haven't been able to find any reports of housefires due to fireworks mishaps. Thanks for reading the blog, though.

    And I am as Southern as the day is long - born here in Snellville (where "ev'rbody's somebody"). Graduated from Shiloh, UGA and have served in churches all around the area (and still attend Chestnut Grove).

    And once I read your 4th menu, I knew for certain that you were from Snellville. Happy 4th! Enjoyed the blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous3:11 PM

    Actually, I think Oscar Mayer hot dogs are Yankee food....lol!
    Thanks for visiting the blog! I like yours too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous1:56 PM

    My wife and I attended the celebration with my brother and his family who are from Snellville. Hats off to the volunteers who did the cooking and served the food. They worked VERY HARD. Here are some cool photos of the fireworks: http://www.flickr.com/photos/chip_atl/sets/72157606010223374/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment on My Snellville Blog. If you liked reading this post, please consider leaving a comment or subscribing to My Snellville Blog to get future posts delivered to your feed reader or inbox.

Comments appear after being checked by me for identity and spam. Please note that comments with HTML or website links will not be published. If you want to share a link with me, please send it to me through the Contact Form. Click the following link if you are interested in Advertising In My Snellville Blog. Thanks!