rss feed icon      snellville business spotlight      Snellville restaurants      snellville gas prices      snellville ga weather      Snellville Blog Facebook Icon      Snellville Blog Twitter icon

Saturday, October 25, 2008

Helping Our Neighbors

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to know we are in some rough times, but today I checked for some of the keywords and phrases that people used when they found this website. I use this data so I can add things to the blog that readers really want.

Just 6 months ago, I would see entries like "dentist snellville ga" or "dog adoption gwinnett."

But lately, the search queries have been things like (and these are real by the way): "where to sell my blood for money gwinnett ga;" and "what day are gwinnett evictions done." There are also a lot of searches for local food banks.

The two queries about selling blood and when to expect the eviction were just TODAY.

I stopped looking after I saw those two. Who needs to see more? People are hurting. What can we do to help? I know I need to really work to make this blog more of a useful resource for people.

Now, we can get all depressed, whine and place blame on politicians, or we can take action. A simple thing to do is just start donating food to a food bank, if you don't already do so. It doesn't have to be a financial stress on you. For example, when you shop at a store that offers buy one get one free deals (like Publix), you could donate the free item.

We can also think about what talents we have that we can share to help someone. I know money is tight for our family too, but we just need to buckle down and think of a way. I will be thinking of resources that would be useful for someone in a money crunch, and how to find help...hopefully really useful information that I can add to this blog or SnellvilleBlog.Blogspot.com.

If you have any ideas, I would love to hear from you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment on My Snellville Blog. If you liked reading this post, please consider leaving a comment or subscribing to My Snellville Blog to get future posts delivered to your feed reader or inbox.

Comments appear after being checked by me for identity and spam. Please note that comments with HTML or website links will not be published. If you want to share a link with me, please send it to me through the Contact Form. Click the following link if you are interested in Advertising In My Snellville Blog. Thanks!