rss feed icon      snellville business spotlight      Snellville restaurants      snellville gas prices      snellville ga weather      Snellville Blog Facebook Icon      Snellville Blog Twitter icon

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Out of the mouths of babes...

My daughter goes to school at South Gwinnett High School. She sometimes sends me texts during her lunch time.

She sent these to me today after her Political Systems class. Keep in mind she's in high school, so there are going to be a lot of "lol's" :)

  • "lol, In political systems, we got this letter from Kelly Kautz. lolol."
  • "Basically, she's saying she's been with us for years, and Snellville needs a leader. She actually said 'I am that leader.' lolol"
  • "lol. She needs an editor or something to peer read it before she sends it out...a lot of it looked wrong."
Yes indeed, we have a lot of sharp students at South Gwinnett. At least my daughter knows that Snellville deserves a mayor who can send out a letter without typos in it. But I will give Kautz credit for trying to get young people to vote.

Kelly Kautz visited my other daughter's class and according to my daughter encouraged all those aged 18 to register to vote and even brought the registration forms with her. A bit concerned over what was said in class to impressionable young people, I asked my daughter - "Did she openly ask the students to vote for her?" And my daughter said, "No not quite, but she kind of tried to make it sound like she was the only candidate running."

Now it's MY turn to "lol!"

The mayoral debate is tonight at 7 p.m. in South Gwinnett High School's theater. The questions have been writing by the Advanced Placement Government students, and as I understand it there will be 16 questions. The debate is expected to run about 2 hours.

More election-related links:
Why hasn't the Sabbagh story gotten coverage from local media?
VIDEO of Council Member Sabbagh speaking at Marietta City Council meeting shocks many
Marietta news article says Snellville council member issued Al-Jazeera threat
VIDEO of Kelly Kautz and Barbara Bender in Mayoral Debate

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment on My Snellville Blog. If you liked reading this post, please consider leaving a comment or subscribing to My Snellville Blog to get future posts delivered to your feed reader or inbox.

Comments appear after being checked by me for identity and spam. Please note that comments with HTML or website links will not be published. If you want to share a link with me, please send it to me through the Contact Form. Click the following link if you are interested in Advertising In My Snellville Blog. Thanks!