rss feed icon      snellville business spotlight      Snellville restaurants      snellville gas prices      snellville ga weather      Snellville Blog Facebook Icon      Snellville Blog Twitter icon

Friday, July 16, 2010

Snellville Snail feels Snellville is passing him by

I've received precious little information overnight from my inside contact at Eastside Medical Center regarding Snaily, the snail on Snellville's Christmas Ornament. It has been driving me crazy not to know how Snaily is doing. I'm concerned about his future & I am a nosy person.

So I called Snaily's wife, Shelly. She had to talk using speakerphone. Snaily's condition after the salt incident has her pretty shaken up, but she also needed to use speakerphone because she doesn't have arms to hold the phone.

Shelly granted My Snellville Blog an exclusive interview:

Me: Shelly, how is Snaily doing today?
Shelly: Wail...
Me: What do you mean, 'wail?' Are you crying?
Shelly: No, I was saying 'well' with my country accent, it can sound like 'wail.'
Me: Oh.

(awkward silence)

Shelly: Can you call may back on mah sale?
Me:  I'm sorry, what do you mean, 'sale?'
Shelly: (sounding exasperated) My SALE phone.
Me: You're selling phones?!?
Shelly: No, cawl me on mah CELL phone.

After I called her back on her cell phone (it was a close call, it almost snapped closed on her - none of their family can handle any kind of modern stuff), Shelly told me that Snaily's health has been in rapid decline since 2004, when liquor-by-the-drink passed in Snellville. Shortly after the passage, Snaily had a scary run-in with an empty margarita glass in a dumpster outside the now closed Ground Round Restaurant.

She hinted at what we had already guessed - the last 3 weeks have been extremely stressful for Snaily, with the pressure of the coming election and the very visible campaign for a better Snellville. Snaily's fear of his uncertain future as representation of the history of Snellville was obvious when he told Shelly "...this dagburn city is just passing me by."

Shelly said Snaily was also concerned about their finances, as he hadn't thought far enough ahead to the future to purchase health insurance.  

NEXT: Please do not call hospital for info on Snail's condition! >>>>

Related links:
UPDATE on Snellville Snail's condition 
Sad news about Snellville Snail

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:10 AM

    Life in the Fast Lane baby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Though we wish you well Snaily, most of us may move on past you and onto bigger and better things. Say hi to your Momandthem...

    .

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment on My Snellville Blog. If you liked reading this post, please consider leaving a comment or subscribing to My Snellville Blog to get future posts delivered to your feed reader or inbox.

Comments appear after being checked by me for identity and spam. Please note that comments with HTML or website links will not be published. If you want to share a link with me, please send it to me through the Contact Form. Click the following link if you are interested in Advertising In My Snellville Blog. Thanks!